1. Place the Metal Frame on a suitable flat surface.
2. Insert the plastic grow tray in to the frame noting which end is the "TOP" (embossed on the tray) this will be the top when the module is vertically hung.
3. Take the irrigation string and lay it in the base of the tray. Note the red side of the drippers should always be facing down the flow of the water. Locate the drippers behind the support lugs.
4. Fill the tray with a good quality compost, at this stage it is advisable to add a slow release fertilizer into the compost. Make sure that the drippers remain in place.
5. When completely filled, lightly compress the compost so that it is level at about 1 cm below the top of the tray.
6. Place the lid on to the tray. At this stage you must ensure that the lid is aligned properly with the tray, earlier you noted the TOP end of the tray now the lid must be placed on the tray with the indicated "TOP" in the same direction. Feed the two ends of the irrigation line out through the lid in the top right and bottom right corners where indicated. Ensure that the lid beds down fully by pushing the lid firmly down along the three dividers.
7. The lid should lay flat on the tray, check again are the tray and lid aligned correctly and that the irrigation pipe is protruding at the top and bottom.
8. Place the wire grid on top of the lid and secure the whole assembly using a cable tie at each of the 12 fixing holes. Ties pass through the hole in the metal frame, tray and lid then over the wire grid. Note: metal frame only aligns at 8 of the fixing points. Cut off the surplus tail from the cable ties.
9. Use Starter Plug plants or Seedlings to plant up the Module.
10. Now plant up each of the planting positions. Using a dibber make a hole in the compost suitable for the size for the plants being used.
11. Take each plant and place into the hole so that the top of the compost plug is just below the surface of the Lid.
12. Gently firm in each plant.
13. When fully planted water well.
14. Place the tray in a suitable environment for the plants used and grow on, Water as you would if the plants were in pots, water well and then allow to dry before watering again. Do not over water. Your VertiGarden module should be ready to hang in three to four weeks or when prevailing weather conditions are favourable.
VertiGarden, Sunnyfield Nurseries, Wraggs Marsh, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 6HH
VAT No: GB336-3097-57 UK Registered company on 2678149
Tel: 01406 370 239 E-mail: email@example.com